Surf & Co Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messageboard for lost members of the old surf.co.nz forum

5 posters

proof of the creator

seeka
    seeka

proof of the creator Empty proof of the creator

Post  seeka Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:05 am

phoam
    phoam

proof of the creator Empty Re: proof of the creator

Post  phoam Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:51 pm

proof that someone thinks too much!!
    dumbbell

Post  dumbbell Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:33 am

See you just can't make that sh1t up, can ya!?

Tell me what you make of all that, seeka?
    dumbbell

Post  dumbbell Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:44 am

It's just occurred to me though that if you measure the length in cubits of a Roy Stewart Olo x the breadth of the cubits in inches, we finally have proof of the claims - the perfect surfboard!! Suspect Very Happy
    seeka
    seeka

Post  seeka Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:18 am

lol..perfect for a specific job i guess DB.

phoam Smile , not sure if you mean me or the guy on link?...but mrs seeka is always telling me i think too much, so you could be right. in my defence, i can't help it, just the way it is.

dumbbell wrote:See you just can't make that sh1t up, can ya!?

Tell me what you make of all that, seeka?

well DB, i agree, it would be pretty hard to make it up.
    apart from a few small measurement details(ie, is a foot actually 12inches? or a cubit 2foot etc)..it appears to me to be accurate.
    and considering i don't believe in 'coincidence', then it seems to hold merit imo.

anyway, i've personally seen and heard too much to not believe in a greater power.
    (side note...i have a reputation for shear madness..so who knows? lol)

and, lets face it...it's been documented by almost every culture from all over the planet for centuries...a similar story with a common theme.

i certainly don't see it as a conspiracy lol!
    but i couldn't say the same for quite a few religions...most of which seem to conspire to achieve nothing more than line the pockets of a select few.
    kat
    kat

Post  kat Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:29 am

^^^ what tamaki could you possibly tamaki mean by that seeka?

Rolling Eyes Very Happy

It's actually a shame that religion has a tendency to keep people away from exploring their faith. (Speaking for my own self, anyhoo) Or at least making it difficult to just rock up and put some questions to the people that claim to speak on behalf of the Big Guy. I went to church for a while and felt myself being burdened with more expectation the more I attended. I gapped it before they had a chance to slip an AP form for tithing into my weekly handout... Shocked
    seeka
    seeka

Post  seeka Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:27 am

you did the right thing in my mind kat.

i think any religion that even mentions money is required to please a god is on the wrong track.
    as far as i'm aware, hindus , muslims, buddhists etc focus solely on faith and becoming a better person...without the cash injection needed.

in my case i was brought up in staunch catholic surrounds. by the time i was 8 yrs old i saw straight through the con....to me it seemed obvious that an 'all loving god' would not condemn anyone to an eternity in hell, where's the forgiveness there?...oxymoron.

when i told my mother that i no longer would be part of that crap and refused to go again she was naturally disgusted...as was my grandfather...oh, the shame!, an irish kid who refused to accept catholicism....in some ways i'm looking forward to the current popes exposure of the fraud he is and eventual downfall of an ancient faith based on fear.
    scootertrash
    scootertrash

Post  scootertrash Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:53 am

seeka wrote:you did the right thing in my mind kat.

i think any religion that even mentions money is required to please a god is on the wrong track.
    as far as i'm aware, hindus , muslims, buddhists etc focus solely on faith and becoming a better person...without the cash injection needed.

Not by my Experience affraid
    The buddhist generally kick their kids off to the "church" which frees up cash at home and the buddhists swan around doing stuff all with their way paid by the local people (yeah sure they're looking after the kids but its still money for nothing)

As for hindi/jain it is roughly the same the local Guru gets food/money/respect for doing stuff all.......
    BUT
    the Mental health provided by "religion" is deserving of payment in my opinion (yep whanau started the mormon church) as it helps people to deal with life by providing a reason/cause for living ...and you can say why pay but psychology treats neurosis the same (roughly) as religion does and you gotta pay for a shrink !!!!!
    pay to fix ya dinged board but not your dinged mind ?
    and having to pay helps many to really "try" to Work it out where as if its free would they care to endevor or would they sit in temple like christians/buddhists/hindi do?!

seeka wrote:
    in my case i was brought up in staunch catholic surrounds. by the time i was 8 yrs old i saw straight through the con....to me it seemed obvious that an 'all loving god' would not condemn anyone to an eternity in hell, where's the forgiveness there?...oxymoron.

when i told my mother that i no longer would be part of that crap and refused to go again she was naturally disgusted...as was my grandfather...oh, the shame!, an irish kid who refused to accept catholicism....in some ways i'm looking forward to the current popes exposure of the fraud he is and eventual downfall of an ancient faith based on fear.

Again the fear helps provide momentum for many ....so is it a Con or just one Tool to help people reach balance
    i.e global warming....its a tool that may prevent us totally rubbishing the planet! the fear helps but it takes each individual to change their own way of living not petitions and green parties alien
    seeka
    seeka

Post  seeka Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:53 am

ahhh, yes...
    scootertrash
    scootertrash

Post  scootertrash Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:58 am

seeka wrote:ahhh, yes...

Ahhh yes its a con ? bounce
    phoam
    phoam

Post  phoam Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 pm

seeka wrote:
    phoam Smile , not sure if you mean me or the guy on link?...

not you, the link guy..
    but, yes you do inquire alot, which involves thinking.

I've had too many experiences too, to know there is a higher power.
    but now
    I just live my life, and don't analyse it or act it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am